Many small business owners struggle with where to begin their marketing. We’ve worked with many clients, helping them decipher all the options out there, and find the ones that work best for them. Here are 5 Marketing Tips we recommend that every business owner should do before they start marketing.
5 Marketing Tips:
- Identify your target audience. Who is your ideal client? What do they like? Why should they use you? You need to know this in order to reach them.
- Determine your desired end result. Do you want them to visit your website and purchase off of it? Do you want them to go to your brick & mortar store? You need to know what you want the end result to be in order to know how to start the chain.
- PR is more than you think. PR is everything today—it’s social media chatter, client reviews, guest posts and your standard article. There are many ways to get in front of your audience; you need to be open to all of them, and constantly work on getting as much PR you can, in any form.
- Ask for help. Don’t just purchase a Yellow Page ad because you always have, or buy a directory listing because you heard it’s good to get “link backs.” Instead, you should be asking questions, and doing your research, or investing in someone you trust to do it for you, so you know that what you’re investing in is getting you closer to your end goal.
- Remember that every company is different. What works for some may not work for others, so don’t just do what “they did” because it worked. You’ll be surprised at how different marketing from one product to another can be.
Do your homework, and work with a marketing professional (like us) to help you identify your target audience, your goals, and how to achieve them. Then, start working through the plan, one step at a time. Remember to keep track of everything, so you know what’s working and what isn’t. And, don’t be afraid to make changes to something if it isn’t working. No plan is ever going to be 100% perfect, as no company will sell to 100% of it’s visitors, so don’t get frustrated and remember there is always room for improvement.
Need Help? Contact us, we’re here to help you achieve your goals.